The Institute of Educational Sciences of the University of Barcelona, now Institute of Professional Development (IDP-ICE), was founded in 1969 to support the intellectual and cultural development of all those involved in the educational field.
Its main goals are to offer both face-to-face and online training to professors and teachers of all educational levels, as well as educational and research advice, in order to improve the performance of all those involved in the teaching-learning process.
Face-to-face training has been one of the institute’s main activities since its foundation, and online training was incorporated in 2004 when its online courses program for teachers began. This means more than 50 years of experience in face-to-face training and more than 15 years of experience in online training.
The IDP-ICE works together with all the faculties and other units of the University of Barcelona. And also coordinates its activities with other public and private institutions through collaboration agreements.
Among other activities, the various sections that are part of the IDP-ICE are responsible for:
– Analyze the training needs of professors and teachers, and design training programs appropriate to those needs.
– Promote innovation in education.
– Promote, advise, direct and coordinate research in all areas of the institute’s activity, especially educational research.
– Develop protocols for evaluation, publication and dissemination of good practices.
– Develop teaching materials in various formats.